Welcome to the 2019- 2020 Catechism year!
It is with great joy to serve your child/children. Our focus this year is to enhance the knowledge of the Catholic Faith to your child/children. After all you are the first and for most educator in the life of your child/children including spirituality.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to participate in the classroom through observation once a month.
We would like to remind you of the following:
- Attending class is of great importance.
- Class starts promptly at 4:30 pm and ends at 6:00 pm on Wednesdays, starting
September 4th. Doors to buildings will be locked after 4:45 pm for safety reasons.
Phone numbers of safety team members will be posted on doors so the door can be
- If at all possible your child’s/children religious education should come first before all extracurricular activities.
- Children receiving First Holy Communion must bring a copy of their Baptismal
Certificate. Students in the Confirmation program must bring a copy of their Baptismal and First Holy Communion Certificates.
- Please remind your child/children of their obligation to respect their classmates, teachers and teacher assistants.
- Some teachers are requiring parents to sign in and sign out their child from the classroom.
- Any person going to the classroom, other than students and teachers, must get a VisitorsPass from Virginia Holguin or the church Office.
- All grades will be required to attend the 5:00 pm Mass as a group, once a month usually on the first Wednesday of the month. Please refer to the CCD calendar for changes.
- Remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. (Fourth Commandment).
- CCD students must sign in when attending Mass on Sundays. The sign in book will be located in the back of the church on a stand. If a student attends Mass in another parish they should get a signed church bulletin from the priest and turn it in to their teacher.
Thank you for your cooperation and support. If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to your child/children’s teacher. You may also contact, Virginia Holguin at 575-313-2313
Virginia Holguin, Director of Religious Education
First Grade – Luz Camacho Second – Rosemary Martinez
Third Grade – Michelle Vasquez 4th thru Junior High –
RCIA – Serena Murillo Pre-Confirmation – Victoria Holguin
Confirmation – Susan Henderson
To register for CCD please print and fill out the Religious Application form and return to the office, located at 420 W Market St, Silver City, NM 88061
Please be sure to look at the CCD/Confirmation Calendar