Welcome to the 2016-2017 Catechism year!
It is with great joy to serve your child/children. Our focus this year is to enhance the knowledge of the Catholic Faith to your child/children. After all you are the first and for most educator in the life of your child/children including spirituality.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to participate in the classroom through observation and/or assistance once a month.
We would like to remind you of the following:
- Class starts promptly at 8:30 am and ends at 9:45 am on Sundays, starting August 21
- If at all possible your child’s/children religious education should come first before all extracurricular activities.
- Remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. (Fourth Commandment)
- Attending class is of great importance.
- Please remind your child/children of their obligation to respect their classmates, teachers and teacher assistants.
- All grades will attend the 10:00 am Mass as a group, once a month usually on the first Sunday of the month. Please refer to the CCD calendar if there is a change.
- Some teachers are asking parents to sign in or sign out their child from the classroom.
- Any person going to the classroom, other than students and teachers, must get a Visitors Pass from Virginia Holguin or the church Office. The Office is open Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This is for Safety reasons.
- CCD students must sign in when attending Mass, except when going to Mass with their class. The sign in book will be located in the back of the church on a stand. If a student attends Mass in another parish they should get a signed church bulletin from the priest and turn it in to their teacher.
- November 20th ends the Year of Mercy; the church is offering a plenary indulgence to the faithful.
Thank you for your cooperation and support. If you have any comments, questions, concerns please direct them to your child/children’s teacher. You may also contact me, Virginia Holguin at 575-313-2313
To register for CCD please print and fill out the Religious Application form and return to the office, located at 420 W Market St, Silver City, NM 88061
Please be sure to look at the CCD/Confirmation Calendar
Virginia Holguin, Director of Religious Education